Site Visit Summary

My site evaluator for this rotation was Ms. Avital Yagudaev. During my site evaluations, I presented several SOAP notes. Ms. Yagudaev encouraged me to document the health maintenance counseling (for example diet counseling for DM2 patients, diet counseling for heart failure patients) performed in my SOAP notes and H&Ps. The SOAP notes I presented on included a patient that had a superior mesenteric artery dissection (one of the most interesting cases I’d seen!) as well as a patient in heart failure exacerbation. Ms. Yagudaev was glad to see that I also included information regarding DVT prophylaxis and disposition in my SOAP notes and H&Ps.

The journal article I summarized for this rotation related to Heart Failure. It specifically discussed the use of diuretics in the management of heart failure. It reviewed the pharmacology of various medications and treatment strategies in managing patients (including those with “Diuretic Resistance.”

I created several Pharmacology cards related to common (and not so common but new to me!) medications in Internal Medicine. These included Umeclidinium Inhaled, Ticagrelor, Midodrine, and Enzalutamide.

Ms. Yagudaev provided both constructive criticism on my presentations and encouragement in achieving my future goals.

Going forward, my action plan to improve is to continue writing SOAP notes, H&Ps, and orders. As they say: “Practice makes perfect.”